So far I’ve found that the slow load time is partly caused by the pages themselves. There is a lot going on behind the scenes before the pages are loaded and rendered on your screen. So today I started the process of cleaning up … stuff.
There are quite a few handy online tools that will analyze a whole bunch of stuff going on when loading a webpage and it comes handy when trying to make things run faster. I’ve dived deep into the nitty gritty of the front page and done quite a few tweaks. This has surly helped to reduce loading time. Most of the stuff I’ve done is”invisible” for the (front end) user, but I’ve also done some changes to the layout. Mostly removing stuff and – hopefully – ended up with a much cleaner design.
The process is far from over. I will continue throughout the weekend and hopefully we will all see positive results from the clean up. I will do my best to avoid server downtime, however I cannot promise anything. Hopefully this won’t be of any inconvenience to you and in the end you will all experience a faster loading website. That is never wrong!
But the performance analysis have revealed other issues too. It seems I’m having trouble with my ISP’s set up. This is worse to remedy. I’ll see what I can do to have things optimized but parallel with this process I’ve also started to look for other ISPs with faster connections and hopefully also more value for money.
I don’t know yest where this will lead me, but I’ll keep you posted!